Rafting In the Smokies is the only professional rafting outfitter in east Tennessee who guides white water rafting trips on the Upper Pigeon River for the entire season. The white water rafting season in TN begins in early March and runs through Thanksgiving weekend in November.
Here are the 7 reasons why Rafting in the Smokies should be your White Water Rafting choice:
(1) Safety First – Rafting in the Smokies uses only Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) inspected buses to transport our guests to the river launch. This is not a state or local government requirement but we feel strongly about our guests’ safety: our standards are not standard.
(2) Professional –Rafting in the Smokies utilizes only trained and certified river rafting guides. Our guides will be sure that you have an awesome experience on the Pigeon River that is both exciting and worry-free!
(3) On Time! – We understand that everyone wants to make the most of their time in the Great Smoky Mountains. Rafting in the Smokies gives each guest a scheduled time for their rafting adventure and makes every effort for no waiting. Both Upper and Lower Pigeon River trips are coordinated within 20 minutes of each other so that guests in the same party can choose either experience yet meet back at the outpost close to the same time.
(4) Convenient – Our outpost is smack dab in the middle of the Upper and Lower sections of the river. What this means for our guests is there is no sitting wet on a bus while waiting for rafts to be loaded for a return ride to their vehicles. Our boats glide up at our new outpost takeout, delivering guests to hot showers and vehicles.
(5) Sincere – Rafting in the Smokies is the only outfitter with a wheelchair-friendly, handicap accessible bus. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience a river adventure being as independent and comfortable as possible. From the moment guests enter our facility to the moment of pulling out of our parking lot, all should be having fun and making GREAT memories.
(6) Free Family Fun – Rafting in the Smokies offers a 10.5-acre Family Adventure Island that is free of charge to all our guests. Accessible by foot bridge, our island features “beachside” first-come, first-serve grills and picnic tables, swings, in-the-water play area, and GeoCache location. A walking path circles the entire island and offers great opportunities for bird watching and spotting wildlife. After enjoying rafting, ziplining or our challenging ropes course, and then feel free to bring your own charcoal and picnic fixin’s and spend as much time as you’d like creating family memories. It’s a relaxing, stress free way to have your own river island adventure!
(7) Uncommon Commitment – Rafting in the Smokies owners Mark & Brenda Shultz don’t leave your experience and satisfaction to paid staff. Both are on property and hands on as part of the Rafting in the Smokies team. Each has left successful careers for their love of the Great Smoky Mountain outdoors and to share their passion for White Water Rafting in the Smokies with you. Mark & Brenda are owners who truly care about you and your experience.